All form fields are required.
If you've forgotten your password, there's no need to register again.
Simply type your email address and we'll email the information to you.
Do you remember your password? Sign in above
By Betsy J. Shiland, MS, RHIA, CCS, CPC, CPHQ, CTR
Dec 21, 2011 • ISBN: 9781455707744
Suggested retail price $79.95
Also available as a eBook
on VitalSource and Kno
Med Term coverage: Comprehensive/ICD-10
Programmed approach: No
A&P coverage: Detailed
Practice exercises: Moderate
Build the foundation for effective ICD-10-CM/PCS coding with a complete introduction to relevant medical terminology and anatomy. The first resource of its kind, Medical Terminology and Anatomy for ICD-10 Coding makes unfamiliar medical language more approachable and familiarizes students with the expanded A&P terminology they'll need to know for successful ICD-10-CM/PCS coding, including arteries, veins, bones, muscles, nerves, and lymphatic vessels, and more. Coding certified (CCs, CPC) and Approved AHIMA ICD-10-CM/PCS Academy Trainer Betsy Shiland provides unparalleled expert insight, and engaging in-book exercises and interactive online activities to give students the review and practice they need to ensure comprehension and confidently prepare for the coding workforce.
- Terminology coverage specific to ICD-10-CM/PCS familiarizes students with the terms and definitions they'll encounter most frequently in coding practice.
- Anatomy and physiology content helps students accurately interpret medical reports and code effectively in ICD-10-CM/PCS.
- Pathology terms are organized by disease and disorder classification so students can practice locating information just as they will when coding with ICD-10-CM.
- In-book exercises test students' understanding as they learn.
- Pathology and procedure terminology tables challenge students to decode terms by word origins and definitions.
- Root operations are incorporated in procedure tables to familiarize students with common related suffixes.
- Electronic medical record format familiarizes students with documentation commonly used in healthcare settings.
- Guideline Alert! boxes link terminology to relevant ICD-10-CM/PCS information at a glance.
- Be Careful! boxes alert students to similar and potentially confusing word parts and terms.
- Timesaving educator support on a companion Evolve website simplifies your course preparation and lesson planning.
Educator Resources on Evolve
- Lesson plans
- PowerPoint® lecture presentation with embedded review questions
- 4,500-question test bank with rationales and page references
- Image collection
- Handouts for classroom quizzes and homework
Student Resources on Evolve
- Interactive terminology games:
- Terminology Triage
- Wheel of Terminology
- Medical Millionaire
- Label It
- Quick Quizzes
- English/Spanish glossary
- Electronic flashcards
- Medical animations
- Body Spectrum electronic anatomy coloring book
- Title:Medical Terminology and Anatomy for ICD-10 Coding - Pageburst E-Book on Kno (Retail Access Card)
ISBN: 9780323184694 Price:$51.97
- Title:Medical Terminology and Anatomy for ICD-10 Coding - Pageburst E-Book on Kno
ISBN: 9780323171748 Price:$51.97
- Title:Medical Terminology and Anatomy for ICD-10 Coding - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource (Retail Access Card)
ISBN: 9780323096522 Price:$51.97
- Title:Medical Terminology and Anatomy for ICD-10 Coding - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource
ISBN: 9781455707751 Price:$51.97
- Title:Medical Terminology Online for Medical Terminology and Anatomy for ICD-10 Coding (Access Code and Textbook Package)
ISBN: 9781455707782 Price:$113.00
1. Introduction to Medical Terminology
2. Body Structure and Directional Terminology
3. Musculoskeletal System and Connective Tissue
4. Skin and Subcutaneous Tissue
5. Digestive System
6. Genitourinary System
7. Pregnancy, Childbirth and the Puerperium
8. Blood, Blood-Forming Organs and the Immune Mechanism
9. Circulatory System
10. Respiratory System
11. Nervous System
12. Mental and Behavioral Health Disorders
13. Eye and Adnexa
14. Ear and Mastoid Process
15. Endocrine System and Nutritional and Metabolic Disorders
A. Word Part and Meanings
B. Meaning and Word Parts
D. Common Diagnostic Procedures