All form fields are required.
If you've forgotten your password, there's no need to register again.
Simply type your email address and we'll email the information to you.
Do you remember your password? Sign in above
Jan 23, 2012 • ISBN: 9781455726974
Suggested retail price $53.95
Also available as a eBook
on VitalSource and Kno
Today many students lack the soft skills - such as habits, attitudes, and personality attributes - necessary to gain employment or maintain on the job success. Job Readiness for Health Professionals, Soft Skills Strategies for Success uses an 8th grade reading level and a consistent, easy-to-follow modular format to guide your students through the essential entry-level soft skills - such as how to dress, speak, and collaborate in the healthcare setting. If you want to give your students an advantage in the job market and prepare them for long-term success as working professionals, then this book is for you!
- Critical thinking exercises woven throughout skills include multidisciplinary scenarios from the field.
- What If? boxes feature short scenarios for the student to think about how they would handle a situation in the workplace.
- Case studies use fictional vignettes to illustrate the issues involved with the specific skills.
- Down a Dark Road vignettes depict what can go terribly wrong when a skill is ignored or not mastered.
- Behavioral objectives provided for mastering each skill.
- Worktext format with journaling activities and multiple self reflection activities offer tangible exercises that students can turn into you.
- Experiential Exercises are actions or experiments that students can perform on their own to gain a deeper appreciation for the skill.
- Cross Currents with Other Skills cross references related skills, pointing out the synergies and connections between them.
Educator Resources on Evolve
- TEACH Instructor Resources on Evolve
- Title:Job Readiness for Health Professionals- Pageburst E-Book on Kno (Retail Access Card)
ISBN: 9781455759538 Price:$53.95
- Title:Job Readiness for Health Professionals - Pageburst E-Book on Kno
ISBN: 9781455754458 Price:$53.95
- Title:Job Readiness for Health Professionals - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource (Retail Access Card)
ISBN: 9781455746385 Price:$53.95
- Title:Job Readiness for Health Professionals Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource
ISBN: 9781455737710 Price:$53.95
Unit I: SELF-MANAGEMENT SKILLS
1. Who Are You?
Adopting a Positive Attitude: The Desire to be your Best and Do a Great Job
Managing your Time and Organizing your Life
Achieving Honesty and Integrity
Aiming to be Adaptable and Flexible
2. Ready For Work
Modeling Business Etiquette
Dressing for Success
Displaying Good Grooming, Personal Hygiene, and Cleanliness
3. Being the Very Best You Can Be
Gaining Energy, Persistence, and Perseverance
Vowing to be Drug-Free and Unimpaired
Striving for Tolerance
Unit II: INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
4. Being Easy to Deal With
Showing Empathy, Sensitivity, and Caring
5. Dealing With Others
Managing and Resolving Conflict
Dealing with Difficult People
Valuing Multicultural Competence
Answering the Phone and Connecting with Customers
Unit III: COMMUNICATION SKILLS
6. How You Present Yourself
Speaking Professionally in your Workplace
Writing, Grammar, and Spelling
7. Interacting Successfully
Communicating with Special Groups of Clients
Reading and Speaking Body Language
Unit IV: CAREER BUILDING SKILLS
8. Planning for Career Success
Setting Goals and Planning Actions
Following Rules and Regulations
Maintaining Confidentiality and Discretion
9. Enhancing Your Promotability
Talking to your Boss, Manager, or Supervisor
Contributing as a Member of the Team
Committing to your Profession
Unit V: EMOTIONAL SKILLS - MANAGING YOUR EMOTIONS
10. Building Personal Emotional Strengths
Building Self Esteem
11. Managing Your Emotions
Separating your Work and Personal Problems
Managing Anger and Strong Emotions
Exuding Optimism, Enthusiasm, and Positivity
Unit VI: GO FORTH AND PROSPER
12. Expect Acceptance