All form fields are required.
If you've forgotten your password, there's no need to register again.
Simply type your email address and we'll email the information to you.
Do you remember your password? Sign in above
By Joseph E. Muscolino, DC
Nov 11, 2011 • ISBN: 9780323086844
Suggested retail price $59.95
Also available as a eBook
on VitalSource and Kno
A clear, concise approach provides just the right amount of information for massage therapy students! Know the Body covers muscle identification plus attachments, actions, stabilization functions, nerve innervation, palpation, and treatment considerations for each of those muscles. Hundreds of full-color illustrations make it easier to learn muscle and bone identification, as well as bony landmarks. With this book, students will learn - not simply memorize - the essentials of muscles, bones, and palpation.
Winner of the 2012 Association of American Publishers PROSE Award, Nursing & Allied Health Sciences!
- Full-color, overlay-style muscle illustrations show anatomical structures and include origin and insertion labeling.
- An introductory overview includes chapters on terminology, the skeletal system, muscle function, and bone palpation.
- Coverage of bones includes the bones and bony landmarks for each body region.
- Review activities in muscle region chapters include short case studies highlighting common conditions related to specific muscles and review questions.
- Treatment considerations explain how to apply muscle and palpation knowledge in massage practice.
- An illustrated stretching atlas is included as the appendix.
- A companion CD includes an interactive review of muscles.
Educator Resources on Evolve
- Collection of all the images from the text
- ExamView® test bank
- TEACH Instructor’s Resource Manual including:
- Lesson plans
- PowerPoint® presentations
- Learning objectives, key terms, and detailed outlines for each chapter
- Answers to case studies and review questions
Student Resources on Evolve
- Palpation instructional videos
- Crossword puzzles
- Drag ‘n’ drop labeling exercises
- Audio pronunciations of muscles
- And more
- An interactive review of muscles
- Title:Know the Body: Muscle, Bone, and Palpation Essentials - Pageburst E-Book on Kno
ISBN: 9780323171663 Price:$38.97
- Title:Know the Body: Muscle, Bone, and Palpation Essentials - Pageburst E-Book on Kno (Retail Access Card)
ISBN: 9780323184601 Price:$38.97
- Title:Know the Body: Muscle, Bone, and Palpation Essentials - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource
ISBN: 9780323089159 Price:$38.97
- Title:Know the Body: Muscle, Bone, and Palpation Essentials - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource (Retail Access Card)
ISBN: 9780323101417 Price:$38.97
- Title:Know the Body: Muscle, Bone, and Palpation Essentials - Text and Workbook Package
ISBN: 9780323086943 Price:$78.41
1. Basic Kinesiology Terminology
2. The Skeletal System
3. How Muscles Function
4. Bone Palpation
5. Muscles of the Shoulder Girdle and Arm
6. Muscles of the Forearm and Hand
7. Muscles of the Spine and Rib Cage
8. Muscles of the Head
9. Muscles of the Pelvis and Thigh
10. Muscles of the Leg and Foot
Appendix: Stretching Atlas