All form fields are required.
If you've forgotten your password, there's no need to register again.
Simply type your email address and we'll email the information to you.
Do you remember your password? Sign in above
By Alexandra Patricia Young, BBA, RMA, CMA (AAMA), MA
Oct 11, 2010 • ISBN: 9781416054429
Suggested retail price $41.95
Designed to support Kinn's The Administrative Medical Assistant: An Applied Learning Approach, 7th Edition, this study guide offers a complete review of content and a wide range of exercises to help students master CAAHEP and ABHES competencies.
- Expanded coverage of the Electronic Medical Record includes Practice Partner EMR activities for extra practice with this key competency.
- A companion Evolve website includes A&P exercises with medical animations.
- A variety of exercises test students' knowledge and critical thinking skills, including vocabulary review, multiple choice, fill in the blank, and true/false questions.
- The most current content and competencies associated with CAAHEP and ABHES are included, such as emergency preparedness, patient education, and documentation.
- Procedure checklists allow students to tear out each sheet and provide them to you for evaluation.
- Exercises are cross-referenced to the Connections themes in the textbook.
- Additional exercises enhance the learning experience with skills and concepts, word puzzles, case studies, work applications, and Internet activities.
- English-Spanish terms help bilingual students master the content.
- Work products may be submitted to instructors and to accrediting organizations as documentation that a competency has been completed.
1. Becoming a Successful Student
2. The Healthcare Industry
Unit One: Introduction to Medical Assisting
3. The Medical Assisting Profession
4. Professional Behavior in the Workplace
5. Interpersonal Skills and Human Behavior
6. Medicine and Ethics
7. Medicine and Law
Unit Two: Administrative Medical Assisting
8. Computer Concepts
9. Telephone Techniques
10. Scheduling Appointments
11. Patient Reception and Processing
12. Office Environment and Daily Operations
13. Written Communications and Document Processing
Unit Three: Health Information in the Medical Office
14. The Paper Medical Record
15. The Electronic Medical Record
16. Health Information Management
17. Privacy in the Physician's Office
Unit Four: Billing and Coding Procedures
18. Basics of Diagnostic Coding
19. Basics of Procedure Coding
20. Basics of Health Insurance
21. The Health Insurance Claim Form
22. Professional Fees, Billing, and Collecting
Unit Five: Financial and Practice Management
23. Banking Services and Procedures
24. Management of Practice Finances
25. Medical Practice Management and Human Resources
26. Medical Practice Marketing and Customer Service
Unit Six: Assisting with Medical Specialties
27. Emergency Preparedness and Assisting with Medical Emergencies
Unit Seven: Career Development
28. Career Development and Life Skills