All form fields are required.
If you've forgotten your password, there's no need to register again.
Simply type your email address and we'll email the information to you.
Do you remember your password? Sign in above
By Arlene M. Adler, MEd, RT(R), FAERS and Richard R. Carlton, MS, RT(R)(CV)
Feb 14, 2011 • ISBN: 9781437716467
Suggested retail price $77.95
Also available as a eBook
on VitalSource and Kno
A clear, concise introduction to the professional and patient care skills needed for clinical practice, this text meets the standards set by the American Society of Radiologic Technologists (ASRT) Curriculum Guide and the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) Task List for certification examinations. It provides a complete overview of the radiologic sciences professions and of all aspects of patient care.
- More than 300 photos and line drawings clearly demonstrate patient care procedures.
- Step-by-step procedures make it easy for students to follow learn skills and prepare for clinicals.
- Chapter outlines and objectives help students master key concepts.
- Key Terms with definitions are presented at the beginning of each chapter.
- Up-to-date references are provided at the end of each chapter.
- Appendices prepare students for the practice environment by including practice standards, professional organizations, state licensing agencies, the ARRT code of ethics, and patient's rights information.
- Instructor resources on a companion Evolve website include a larger test bank, a collection of all the images in the book, new lesson plans, new critical thinking questions, and new PowerPoint lecture slides.
- 100 new photos and 160 new full-color line drawings show patient care procedures.
- Updates ensure that students are current with the Fundamentals and Patient Care sections of the ASRT core curriculum guidelines.
- New and expanded coverage is added to the chapters on critical thinking, radiographic imaging, vital signs, professional ethics, and medical law.
- Student resources on a companion Evolve website help students master procedures with patient care lab activities and review questions along with 40 patient care videos.
Educator Resources on Evolve
- Answers to review questions
- Image collection
- Lecture outlines
- Lesson plans
- PowerPoint slides
- Test bank
Student Resources on Evolve
- Patient care lab activities
- Review questions
- 40 patient care videos
- Title:Introduction to Radiologic Sciences and Patient Care - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource (Retail Access Card)
ISBN: 9781455736973 Price:$77.95
- Title:Introduction to Radiologic Sciences and Patient Care - Pageburst E-Book on Kno
ISBN: 9781455754441 Price:$77.95
- Title:Introduction to Radiologic Sciences and Patient Care- Pageburst E-Book on Kno (Retail Access Card)
ISBN: 9781455759545 Price:$77.95
- Title:Introduction to Radiologic Sciences and Patient Care - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource
ISBN: 9781437736069 Price:$77.95
- Title:Mosby's Radiography Online: Introduction to Imaging Sciences and Patient Care & Introduction to Radiologic Sciences and Patient Care (User Guide, Access Code and Textbook Package)
ISBN: 9780323085816 Price:$118.95
Unit I: The Profession of Radiologic Technology
1. Introduction to Radiologic Technology
2. Professional Organizations
3. Educational Survival Skills
4. Critical Thinking and Problem Solving Strategies
Unit II: Introduction to the Clinical Environment
5. Introduction to Clinical Education
6. Radiology Administration
7. Radiographic Imaging
8. Radiographic and Fluoroscopic Equipment
9. Basic Radiation Protection and Radiobiology
10. Human Diversity
Unit III: Patient Care
11. Patient Interactions
12. History Taking
13. Transfer Techniques
14. Immobilization Techniques
15. Vital Signs, Oxygen, Chest Tubes, and Lines
16. Infection Control
17. Aseptic Techniques
18. Nonaseptic Techniques
19. Medical Emergencies
21. Contrast Media and Introduction to Radiopharmaceuticals
Unit IV: Ethical and Legal Issues
22. Professional Ethics
23. Health Records and Health Information Management
24. Medical Law
Appendix A: Practice Standards for Radiography
Appendix B: Professional Organizations
Appendix C: State Licensing Agencies
Appendix D: The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists¨ (ARRT) Code of Ethics
Appendix E: The Patient Care Partnership: Understanding Expectations, Rights, and Responsibilities