All form fields are required.
If you've forgotten your password, there's no need to register again.
Simply type your email address and we'll email the information to you.
Do you remember your password? Sign in above
By Doni L. Bird, CDA, RDH, MA and Debbie S. Robinson, CDA, MS
Mar 24, 2011 • ISBN: 9781437727289
Suggested retail price $44.95
Easy to understand and simple to use, Student Workbook for Modern Dental Assisting, 10th Edition, provides the best review and practice available in workbook form for mastering core dental assisting skills. It presents chapter-by-chapter practice questions and exercises, competency skill sheets, flashcards, procedure reviews, and case studies to help students master the content in the textbook. It’s essential in helping students develop critical thinking skills needed for clinical success.
- Brief case scenarios with accompanying questions help students assimilate and apply content to prepare for real world practice.
- Competency skills checklists are provided for all procedures new to the textbook, including use of the caries detection device, applying fluoride varnish, taking a patient’s pulse oximetry and ECG, performing intraoral and extraoral photography, and performing radiography with digital sensors and phosphor storage plates.
- Patient form activities give students practice in filling out blank patient forms that are essential to today’s dental office.
- Comprehensive practice exercises for each chapter (short answer, fill-in-the-blank, and multiple-choice questions and labeling exercises) help reinforce learning outcomes, key terminology, and important concepts.
- A multimedia review section refers students to relevant procedure videos on the text’s Multimedia Procedures DVD to provide further understanding of chapter content.
- Patient case exercises section directs students to patient information on the companion Evolve website’s Interactive Dental Office, including related histories, files, radiographs, and charting information to will help them answer questions that reinforce chapter content and strengthen clinical decision-making skills.
- Competency skill sheets provide clear guidelines for each skill and help students evaluate their strengths and weaknesses in performing procedural skills.
- Tear-out flashcards summarize key information about the sciences, medical emergencies, infection control, radiography, dental materials, instruments, and dental procedures for convenient, portable review of key information necessary to prepare for examinations.
- Perforated pages make it easy for students to tear out competency sheets for clinical evaluations and submit pages to you for grading.
PART 1 The Dental Assisting Profession
1 History of Dentistry
2 The Professional Dental Assistant
3 The Dental Healthcare Team
4 Dental Ethics
5 Dentistry and the Law
PART 2 Sciences in Dentistry
6 General Anatomy
7 General Physiology
8 Oral Embryology and Histology
9 Head and Neck Anatomy
10 Landmarks of the Face and Oral Cavity
11 Overview of the Dentitions
12 Tooth Morphology
PART 3 Oral Health and Prevention of Dental Disease
13 Dental Caries
14 Periodontal Disease
15 Preventive Dentistry
17 Oral Pathology
PART 4 Infection Prevention in Dentistry
19 Disease Transmission and Infection Prevention
20 Principles and Techniques of Disinfection
21 Principles and Techniques of Instrument Processing and Sterilization
PART 5 Occupational Health and Safety
22 Regulatory and Advisory Agencies
23 Chemical and Waste Management
24 Dental Unit Waterlines
PART 6 Patient Information and Assessment
26 The Patient Record
27 Vital Signs
28 Oral Diagnosis and Treatment Planning
29 The Special Needs and Medically Compromised Patient
30 Principles of Pharmacology
31 Assisting in a Medical Emergency
PART 7 Foundation of Clinical Dentistry
32 The Dental Office
33 Delivering Dental Care
34 Dental Hand Instruments
35 Dental Handpieces and Accessories
36 Moisture Control
37 Anesthesia and Pain Control
PART 8 Dental Radiography
38 Foundations of Radiography, Radiographic Equipment, and Radiation Safety
39 Digital Imaging, Dental Film, and Processing Radiographs
40 Legal Issues, Quality Assurance, and Infection Control
41 Intraoral Imaging
42 Extraoral Imaging
PART 9 Dental Materials
43 Restorative and Esthetic Dental Materials
44 Dental Liners, Bases, and Bonding Systems
45 Dental Cements
46 Impression Materials
47 Laboratory Materials and Procedures
PART 10 Assisting in Comprehensive Dental Care
48 General Dentistry
49 Matrix Systems for Restorative Dentistry
50 Fixed Prosthodontics
51 Provisional Coverage
52 Removable Prosthodontics
53 Dental Implants
56 Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
57 Pediatric Dentistry
58 Coronal Polishing
59 Dental Sealants
PART 11 Dental Administration and Communication Skills
61 Communication in the Dental Office
62 Business Operating Systems
63 Financial Management in the Dental Office
64 Marketing Your Skills