All form fields are required.
If you've forgotten your password, there's no need to register again.
Simply type your email address and we'll email the information to you.
Do you remember your password? Sign in above
Apr 01, 2011 • ISBN: 9781455711284
Suggested retail price $94.95
Corresponding to the material in Bird and Robinson's bestselling text, Modern Dental Assisting, Dental Assisting Online reinforces understanding with a blend of content review and fun, engaging exercises. The first online course in dental assisting, DAO brings concepts to life with 35 interactive modules that include videos and animations, hands-on exercises, review questions, quizzes, and exams with instant feedback and rationales. Case studies present realistic patient scenarios and challenge students to apply what they've learned. Going beyond simple reading and memorization, DAO supports your instruction and helps students achieve competency in dental assisting procedures, think critically, and ultimately solve problems in the workplace.
- Correlation with Modern Dental Assisting matches modules to corresponding chapters in the textbook, with reading assignments that provide the necessary background concepts required to work through the module.
- Interactive exercises offer hands-on experience to reinforce concepts, including word-building, identification and labeling, sequencing, fill-in, crosswords, and multiple-choice questions.
- High-quality photos and drawings illustrate dental assisting concepts and procedures, as well as situations, equipment, and materials.
- Procedure videos and exercises help you learn the steps and demonstrate competency in each skill.
- Threaded case presentations focus on a fictitious patient within applicable modules so that you can become familiar with and apply what you've learned in following this patient's medical and dental histories, dental chart, and radiographs.
- Lesson quizzes and module exams test your mastery of content, and include immediate feedback.
- Expanded-function icons highlight content relating to the requirements for Expanded Functions Dental Assistants (EFDA).
- Flexible tooth identification allows you to see the description of a specific tooth using the Universal Numbering System or through other tooth numbering systems.
- A glossary includes definitions and audio pronunciations and is accessible from any screen within the course or by clicking on boldface key terms.
Modules (with corresponding chapter in Modern Dental Assisting, 10th Edition)
- Overview of the Dentitions (Chapter 11)
- Tooth Morphology (Chapter 12)
- Dental Caries (Chapter 13)
- Preventive Dentistry (Chapter 15)
- Nutrition (Chapter 16)
- Disease Transmission and Infection Prevention (Chapter 19)
- Principles and Techniques of Disinfection (Chapter 20)
- Principles and Techniques of Instrument Processing and Sterilization (Chapter 21)
- Chemical and Waste Management (Chapter 23)
- The Patient Record (Chapter 26)
- The Special Needs and Medically Compromised Patient (Chapter 29)
- Vital Signs (Chapter 27)
- Oral Diagnosis and Treatment Planning (Chapter 28)
- Assisting in a Medical Emergency (Chapter 31)
- Delivering Dental Care (Chapter 33)
- Dental Hand Instruments (Chapter 34)
- Dental Handpieces and Accessories (Chapter 35)
- Moisture Control (Chapter 36)
- Anesthesia and Pain Control (Chapter 37)
- Foundations of Radiography, Radiographic Equipment, and Radiation Safety (Chapter 38)
- Intraoral Imaging (Chapter 41)
- Extraoral and Digital Imaging (Chapters 39 and 42)
- Restorative and Esthetic Dental Materials (Chapter 43)
- Dental Liners Bases, and Bonding Systems (Chapter 44)
- Dental Cements (Chapter 45)
- Impression Materials (Chapter 46)
- Laboratory Materials and Procedures (Chapter 47)
- General Dentistry (Chapter 48)
- Matrix Systems for Restorative Dentistry (Chapter 49)
- Fixed Prosthodontics (Chapter 50)
- Provisional Coverage (Chapter 51)
- Endodontics (Chapter 54)
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (Chapter 56)
- Coronal Polishing (Chapter 58)
- Dental Sealants (Chapter 59)