All form fields are required.
If you've forgotten your password, there's no need to register again.
Simply type your email address and we'll email the information to you.
Do you remember your password? Sign in above
By Marilyn J. Hockenberry, PhD, RN-CS, PNP-BC, FAAN and David Wilson, MS, RNC
Sep 29, 2010 • ISBN: 9780323069120
Suggested retail price $119.95
Also available as a eBook
on VitalSource and Kno
The most trusted authority in pediatric nursing, this textbook provides unmatched, comprehensive coverage of pediatric growth, development, and conditions. Its unique 'age and stage' approach covers child development and health promotion as well as specific health problems organized by age groups and body systems, all from an evidence-based, clinical perspective. Easy to read and extensively illustrated, this edition emphasizes the QSEN (Quality and Safety Education for Nurses) focus on patient-centered outcomes and includes updates on topics such as the late preterm infant, immunizations, the H1N1 virus, and childhood obesity.
- A clear, straightforward writing style makes content easy to understand.
- A developmental approach identifies each stage of a child's growth.
- Unique Evidence-Based Practice boxes help students apply both research and critical thought processes to support and guide the outcomes of nursing care.
- Unique Atraumatic Care boxes contain techniques for care that minimize pain, discomfort, or stress.
- Unique Critical Thinking exercises help students test and develop their own analytical skills.
- A unique focus on family content emphasizes the role and influence of the family in health and illness with a separate chapter, discussions throughout the text, and family-centered care boxes.
- Unique Emergency Treatment boxes serve as a quick reference for critical situations.
- Unique Cultural Awareness boxes highlight ways in which variations in beliefs and practices affect nursing care for children.
- Health promotion chapters emphasize principles of wellness and injury prevention for each age group.
- Student-friendly features include chapter outlines, learning objectives, key points, references, and related topics and electronic resources to help students study and review important content.
- A community focus helps students care for children outside the clinical setting.
- Nursing Care Guidelines provide clear, step-by-step, detailed instructions on performing specific skills or procedures.
- Nursing Care Plans include models for planning patient care, with nursing diagnoses, patient/family goals, nursing interventions/rationales, expected outcomes, and NIC and NOC guidelines.
- Nursing Tips include helpful hints and practical, clinical information, and Nursing Alerts provide critical information that must be considered in providing care.
- Unique! Quality patient outcomes are highlighted for major diseases and disorders, reflecting the QSEN focus on patient-centered outcomes.
- Pathophysiology reviews include special illustrations to explain complicated disease processes.
- Complementary & Alternative Therapy boxes include timely information on alternative medicine as a part of complete, comprehensive care.
- Research Focus boxes include the latest research impacting pediatric nursing today.
- Drug Alerts highlight important drug-related information for safe, appropriate care.
- Updates include coverage of hot topics such as the late preterm infant, immunizations, the H1N1 virus, and childhood obesity.
- Unique! Family-Centered Care boxes include features on family-related topics.
Educator Resources on Evolve
- Audience response system questions
- Curriculum guides
- Image collection
- PowerPoint slides
- Instructor's manual
- Test bank
Student Resources on Evolve
- Audio key points
- Care plan creator
- Critical thinking case studies
- Evidence-based practice guidelines
- NCLEX examination-style review questions
- Skills performance checklist
- Pediatric assessment video
- Web links
- Wong on the Web
- Title:Wong's Nursing Care of Infants and Children - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource (Retail Access Card)
ISBN: 9780323095129 Price:$77.97
- Title:Study Guide for Wong's Nursing Care of Infants and Children - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource
ISBN: 9780323091695 Price:$22.72
- Title:Wong's Nursing Care of Infants and Children - Pageburst E-Book on Kno
ISBN: 9780323136464 Price:$77.97
- Title:Wong's Nursing Care of Infants and Children - Pageburst E-Book on Kno (Retail Access Card)
ISBN: 9780323169905 Price:$77.97
- Title:Wong's Nursing Care of Infants and Children - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource
ISBN: 9780323069106 Price:$77.97
- Title:Wong's Nursing Care of Infants and Children - Text and Virtual Clinical Excursions 3.0 Package
ISBN: 9780323079730 Price:$155.95
- Title:Wong's Nursing Care of Infants and Children - Text and Study Guide Package
ISBN: 9780323096959 Price:$138.95
- Title:Wong's Nursing Care of Infants and Children - Text and Mosby's Care of Infants and Children Nursing Video Skills Package
ISBN: 9780323097291 Price:$155.95
- Title:Nursing Care of Infants and Children - Text and Simulation Learning System
ISBN: 9780323172141 Price:$155.95
- Title:Wong's Nursing Care of Infants and Children - Text and Simulation Learning System Package
ISBN: 9780323074148 Price:$155.95
UNIT I: Children, Their Families and the Nurse
1. Perspectives of Pediatric Nursing
2. Social, Cultural, and Religious Influences on Child Health Promotion
3. Family Influences on Child Health Promotion
4. Community-Based Nursing Care of the Child and Family
5. Hereditary Influences on Health Promotion of the Child and Family
UNIT II: Assessment of the Child and Family
6. Communication, Physical and Developmental Assessment of the Child
7. Pain Assessment and Management in Children
UNIT III: Family-Centered Care of the Newborn
8. Health Promotion of the Newborn and Family
9. Health Problems of Newborns
10. The High-Risk Newborn and Family
11. Conditions Caused by Defects in Physical Development
UNIT IV: Family-Centered Care of the Infant
12. Health Promotion of the Infant and Family
13. Health Problems During Infancy
UNIT V: Family-Centered Care of the Young Child
14. Health Promotion of the Toddler and Family
15. Health Promotion of the Preschooler and Family
16. Health Problems of Early Childhood
UNIT VI: Family-Centered Care of the School-Age Child
17. Health Promotion of the School-Age Child and Family
18. Health Problems of Middle Childhood
UNIT VII: Family-Centered Care of the Adolescent
19. Health Promotion of the Adolescent and Family
20. Physical Health Problems of Adolescence
21. Behavioral Health Problems of Adolescence
UNIT VIII: Family-Centered Care of the Child with Special Needs
22. Family-Centered Care of the Child with Chronic Illness or Disability
23. Family-Centered End-of-Life Care
24. The Child with Cognitive or Sensory Impairment
25. Family-Centered Home Care
UNIT IX: The Child Who is Hospitalized
26. Family-Centered Care of the Child During Illness and Hospitalization
27. Pediatric Variations of Nursing Interventions
UNIT X: The Child with Disturbance of Fluid and Electrolytes
28. Balance and Imbalance of Body Fluids
29. Conditions that Produce Fluid and Electrolyte Imbalance
30. The Child with Renal Dysfunction
UNIT XI: The Child with Problems Related to the Transfer of Oxygen and Nutrients
31. The Child with Disturbance of Oxygen and Carbon Dioxide Exchange
32. The Child with Respiratory Dysfunction
33. The Child with Gastrointestinal Dysfunction
UNIT XII: The Child with Problems Related to Production and Circulation of Blood
34. The Child with Cardiovascular Dysfunction
35. The Child with Hematologic or Immunologic Dysfunction
UNIT XIII: The Child with Disturbance of Regulatory Mechanisms
36. The Child with Cancer
37. The Child with Cerebral Dysfunction
38. The Child with Endocrine Dysfunction
UNIT XIV: The Child with a Problem that Interferes with Physical Mobility
39. The Child with Musculoskeletal or Articular Dysfunction
40. The Child with Neuromuscular or Muscular Dysfunction
A. Developmental/Sensory Assessment
B. Growth Measurements
C. Common Laboratory Tests
D. Translations of FACES Pain Rating Scale
E. Spanish-English Translations