All form fields are required.
If you've forgotten your password, there's no need to register again.
Simply type your email address and we'll email the information to you.
Do you remember your password? Sign in above
By Theris A. Touhy, DNP, CNS, DPNAP and Kathleen F Jett, PhD, GNP-BC
Mar 11, 2013 • ISBN: 9780323096065
Suggested retail price $68.95
Also available as a eBook
on VitalSource and Kno
Ebersole & Hess’ Gerontological Nursing and Healthy Aging is the only gerontological nursing text that follows a wellness-based, holistic approach to older adult care. Designed to facilitate healthy aging regardless of the situation or disease process, this text takes your students beyond simply tracking recommended treatments to address complications, alleviate discomfort, and help older adults lead healthy lives. Featuring evidence-based practice boxes, safety alerts, expanded tables, and careful attention to age, gender, and cultural differences, Ebersole & Hess’ Gerontological Nursing and Healthy Aging is the most complete text on the market.
- UPDATED! Healthy People 2020 boxes integrate information about healthy aging.
- NEW! Safety Alerts highlight safe practices and quality of care QSEN competencies.
- Focus on health and wellness helps students gain an understanding of the patient’s experience.
- AACN and the Hartford Institute for Geriatric Nursing core competencies integrated throughout.
- Careful attention to age, cultural, and gender differences helps students understand these important considerations in caring for older adults
- NEW! Chapter on Neurologic Compromise expands content on stroke and Parkinson’s disease.
- Consistent chapter organization and pedagogy, including Learning Objectives, Glossary, and Research and Study Questions/Activities.
- Evidence-Based Practice boxes summarize research findings that confirm effective practices or identify practices with unknown, ineffective, or harmful effects.
- Content discussion organized according to Maslow’s hierarchy of human needs provides a consistent and logical approach to the presentation of material.
- Expanded tables, boxes, and forms, including the latest scales and guidelines for proper health assessment make information easy to find and use.
- Activities and discussion questions at the end of every chapter equip students with the information they need to assess the patient.
Educator Resources on Evolve
- TEACH for Nurses
- 500+ question test bank in ExamView format
- PowerPoint lecture slides
- Image collection
- Resource lists for instructors and students
- Suggested responses to text’s activities and discussion questions
Student Resources on Evolve
- NCLEX exam review questions
- Resource lists
- Title:Ebersole & Hess' Gerontological Nursing & Healthy Aging - Pageburst E-Book on Kno
ISBN: 9780323171694 Price:$68.95
- Title:Ebersole & Hess' Gerontological Nursing & Healthy Aging - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource (Retail Access Card)
ISBN: 9780323096058 Price:$68.95
- Title:Ebersole & Hess' Gerontological Nursing & Healthy Aging - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource
ISBN: 9780323096041 Price:$68.95
- Title:Ebersole & Hess' Gerontological Nursing & Healthy Aging - Pageburst E-Book on Kno (Retail Access Card)
ISBN: 9780323184649 Price:$68.95
Part 1: Foundations of Healthy Aging
Part 2: Fundamentals of caring
Part 3: Coping with chronic disorders in late life
Part 4: Caring for elders and their caregivers