All form fields are required.
If you've forgotten your password, there's no need to register again.
Simply type your email address and we'll email the information to you.
Do you remember your password? Sign in above
By Linda Anne Silvestri, RN, MSN, PhD
Oct 12, 2010 • ISBN: 9781437708257
Suggested retail price $64.95
Also available as a eBook
on VitalSource and Kno
There is a reason Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN Examination has been called 'the best NCLEX exam review book ever.' Essentially, students find everything they need to review for the NCLEX exam under one cover - complete content review and over 4,500 NCLEX examination-style questions in the book and on the free companion CD! Educator Resources let you incorporate the textbook to fit the specific needs of your course, while the companion CD provides detailed feedback and assessment from your students’ work. Don't let your students make the mistake of assuming the quality of the questions is the same in all NCLEX examination review books, because only Silvestri's Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN Examination includes the kind of questions that consistently test the critical thinking skills necessary to pass today's NCLEX exam. And, what's even better is that ALL answers include detailed rationales to help students learn from their answer choices, as well as test taking strategies that provide tips for how to best approach each question. It's easy to see why Silvestri is THE book of choice for NCLEX examination review. But don’t just take our word for it - read any customer review or ask your colleagues to see why Silvestri users believe that there's nothing else like it!
- Each question includes the correct answer, a complete rationale for all responses, and a test-taking strategy to help you develop techniques for locating the correct response.
- Each question includes a page reference to an Elsevier textbook to allow for further research and study.
- All alternate item-format questions are included, with multiple response, prioritizing, fill-in-the-blank, figure/illustration, chart/exhibit, and audio questions to prepare students for the wide variety of question types on the NCLEX-RN examination.
- Organization by nursing content area provides a logical, effective review to use throughout your nursing program.
- Pyramid Terms define key terms at the beginning of each major unit or chapter.
- Pyramid Points within each chapter highlight content that is important in preparing for the NCLEX-RN examination.
- Pyramid to Success sections provide an overview of major units or chapters and specific content related to the latest NCLEX-RN examination test plan.
- Pharmacology is emphasized with 13 pharmacology chapters, a medication and intravenous calculation chapter, and a pediatric medication calculation chapter to reflect this priority content on the NCLEX exam.
- Introductory chapters cover preparation for the NCLEX-RN exam, test-taking strategies, the NCLEX-RN exam from a student's perspective, and transitional issues for the foreign-educated nurse.
- A comprehensive exam consists of 265 questions that cover all content areas in the book and mirror the percentages identified in the NCLEX-RN examination test plan. Students can print out their results from exams/quizzes and submit them for easy assessment.
- A companion CD allows practice in quiz, study, or exam modes, with questions selected from content area, integrated process, category of client need, or alternate item-format type.
- Completely updated content is based on the new NCLEX-RN examination test plan, effective April 2010.
- 300 more questions have been added, for a total of 4,500.
- New chapter on physical assessment highlights the key components of physical examination and health history often encountered on the NCLEX exam.
- Audio and video questions on the companion CD provide students experience with these new types of questions before the exam.
- Unique! Audio review summaries included on the CD cover the three core areas of pharmacology, fluids and electrolytes, and acid-base balance.
- Expanded coverage of prioritization, delegation, and nursing leadership and management provides critical information for these growing areas of nursing.
- Unique! Priority Nursing Actions boxes list priorities for clinical emergent situations requiring immediate action, including detailed rationales and textbook references to help strengthen your students' prioritizing skills in clinical and testing situations.
- Pyramid Alert boxes highlight important nursing concepts to help students focus on the content that is most frequently tested on the NCLEX examination.
- Automatic software updates on CD make it easy to check for changes and updates throughout the life of the edition.
Educator Resources on Evolve
- Introduction modules
- PowerPoint slides
- Pyramid Objectives
- Teaching tools
- Test bank
- Title:Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN® Examination Pageburst Plus Evolve Access Code (Retail Access Cards)
ISBN: 9781455751082 Price:$42.22
- Title:Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN® Examination - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource
ISBN: 9781455758005 Price:$42.22
- Title:Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN® Examination - Pageburst E-Book on Kno
ISBN: 9780323225533 Price:$42.22
Unit I: NCLEX-RN Exam Preparation
1. The NCLEX-RN Examination
2. Preparation for the NCLEX-RN Exam: Transitional Issues for the Foreign-Educated Nurse
3. Pathways to Success
4. The NCLEX-RN Examination: From a Graduate's Perspective
5. Test-Taking Strategies
Unit II: Issues in Nursing
6. Cultural Diversity and Health Practices
7. Ethical and Legal Issues
8. Leadership, Delegating, and Prioritizing Client Care
Unit III: Nursing Sciences
9. Fluids and Electrolytes
10. Acid-Base Balance
11. Laboratory Values
13. Parenteral Nutrition
14. Intravenous Therapy
15. Administration of Blood Products
Unit IV: Fundamental Skills
16. Provisions of a Safe Environment
17. Administration of Medication and Intravenous Solutions
18. Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Guidelines for Healthcare Providers
19. Perioperative Nursing Care
20. Positioning Clients
21. Care of a Client with a Tube
Unit V: Maternity Nursing
22. Female Reproductive System
23. Obstetrical Assessment
24. Prenatal Period
25. Risk Conditions Related to Pregnancy
26. Labor and Delivery
27. Problems with Labor and Delivery
28. The Postpartum Period
29. Postpartum Complications
30. Care of the Newborn
31. Maternity and Newborn Medications
Unit VI: Growth and Development Across the Life Span
32. Theories of Growth and Development
33. Developmental Stages
34. Health and Physical Assessment of the Adult Client
35. Care of the Older Client
Unit VII: Pediatric Nursing
36. Neurological, Cognitive, and Psychosocial Disorders
37. Eye, Ear, and Throat Disorders
38. Respiratory Disorders
39. Cardiovascular Disorders
40. Gastrointestinal Disorders
41. Metabolic and Endocrine Disorders
42. Renal and Urinary Disorders
43. Integumentary Disorders
44. Musculoskeletal Disorders
45. Hematological Disorders
46. Oncological Disorders
47. Acquired Immunodefiency Syndrome
48. Infectious and Communicable Diseases
49. Pediatric Medication Administration and Calculations
Unit VIII: The Adult Client with an Integumentary Disorder
50. Integumentary System
51. Integumentary Medications
Unit IX: The Adult Client with an Oncological Disorder
52. Oncological Disorders
53. Antineoplastic Medications
Unit X: The Adult Client with an Endocrine Disorder
54. Endocrine System
55. Endocrine Medications
Unit XI: The Adult Client with a Gastrointestinal Disorder
56. Gastrointestinal System
57. Gastrointestinal Medications
Unit XII: The Adult Client with a Respiratory Disorder
58. Respiratory System
59. Respiratory Medications
Unit XIII: The Adult Client with a Cardiovascular Disorder
60. Cardiovascular Disorders
61. Cardiovascular Medications
Unit XIV: The Adult Client with a Renal System Disorder
62. Renal System
63. Renal Medications
Unit XV: The Adult Client with an Eye or Ear Disorder
64. The Eye and the Ear
65. Ophthalmic and Otic Medications
Unit XVI: The Adult Client with a Neurological Disorder
66. Neurological System
67. Neurological Medications
Unit XVII: The Adult Client with a Musculoskeletal Disorder
68. Musculoskeletal System
69. Musculoskeletal Medications
Unit XVIII: The Adult Client with an Immune Disorder
70. Immune Disorders
71. Immunologic Medications
Unit XIX: The Adult Client with a Mental Health Disorder
72. Foundations of Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing
73. Models of Care
74. Mental Health Disorders
76. Crisis Theory and Intervention
77. Psychiatric Medications
Unit XX: Comprehensive Test