All form fields are required.
If you've forgotten your password, there's no need to register again.
Simply type your email address and we'll email the information to you.
Do you remember your password? Sign in above
By Susan R. James, PhD, MSN, RN, Kristine Nelson, RN, MN and Jean Ashwill, MSN, RN
Mar 26, 2012 • ISBN: 9781455703661
Suggested retail price $91.95
Also available as a eBook
on VitalSource and Kno
Position your students to properly care for children with the most effective, efficient, and affordable title on pediatric nursing care! Taking on a family focus, this student-friendly text teaches growth, development, and information on the major body system alterations needed. Plus, dramatically streamlined content and new learning tools make this new edition even more tailored to your students’ learning needs.
- Safety Alert boxes highlight patient safety as part of the QSEN initiative for better outcomes of nursing care.
- Updated Evidence-Based Practice boxes (formerly Using Research to Improve Practice) assist students in determining best practices in their care of children.
- Patient-Centered Care boxes guide the student in teaching the parents and child about self-care in the home and follow-up care in community-based health care settings.
- Expert reviews of chapter content ensures all chapters include current practices, terms, and updated information.
- Streamlined Nursing Care Plans have been reformatted to make them easier to read and use.
- Illustrated Procedure boxes include step-by-step instructions for common nursing tasks.
- Health Promotion boxes summarize information from the American Academy of Pediatrics to teach students how to perform a comprehensive assessment of well infants and children at various ages.
- Pathophysiology boxes explain changes in physiology that occur in a variety of diseases and disorders in children.
- Nursing process highlighted in nursing care plan and in-text discussion.
- Updated photos throughout the book keep the text up-to-date and visually appealing to students.
- Key concepts are highlighted in the book. Definitions are provided in a glossary.
Clinical Reference pages provide students with easy-to-find reference sections, including basic anatomy and physiology, pediatric differences, related laboratory and diagnostic tests, and commonly prescribed medications.
Educator Resources on Evolve:
- Conversion guides
- Curriculum guides for 4-week, 8-week, and 16-week courses
- Image collection
- TEACH for Nurses
- Lesson plans
- Open book quizzes
- Supplemental resources
- Teaching strategies for the classroom, clinical, and lab
- PowerPoint slides
- 700+ question test bank, page references in ExamView
Student Resources on Evolve:
- Title:Nursing Care of Children - Pageburst E-Book on Kno (Retail Access Card)
ISBN: 9780323185394 Price:$59.77
- Title:Nursing Care of Children - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource (Retail Access Card)
ISBN: 9781455743315 Price:$59.77
- Title:Study Guide for Nursing Care of Children - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource
ISBN: 9781455746699 Price:$22.72
- Title:Nursing Care of Children - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource
ISBN: 9781455703678 Price:$59.77
- Title:Nursing Care of Children - Pageburst E-Book on Kno
ISBN: 9781455775101 Price:$59.77
- Title:Nursing Care of Children - Text and Simulation Learning System Package
ISBN: 9781455774807 Price:$130.95
UNIT I: INTRODUCTION TO CHILD HEALTH NURSING
1: Introduction to Nursing Care of Children
UNIT II: GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT: THE CHILD AND THE FAMILY
2: Family-Centered Nursing Care
3: Communicating with Children and Families
4: Health Promotion for the Developing Child
5: Health Promotion for the Infant
6: Health Promotion During Early Childhood
7: Health Promotion for the School Age Child
8: Health Promotion for the Adolescent
UNIT III: SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS IN CARING FOR CHILDREN
9: Physical Assessment of Children
10: Emergency Care of the Child
11: The Ill Child in the Hospital and Other Care Settings
12: The Child With a Chronic Condition or Terminal Illness
13: Principles and Procedures for Nursing Care of Children
14: Medication Administration and Safety for Infants and Children
15: Pain Management for Children
UNIT IV: CARING FOR CHILDREN WITH HEALTH PROBLEMS
16: The Child with a Fluid and Electrolyte Alteration
17: The Child with an Infectious Disease
18: The Child with an Immunologic Alteration
19: The Child With a Gastrointestinal Alteration
20: The Child With a Genitourinary Alteration
21: This Child with a Respiratory Alteration
22: The Child With a Cardiovascular Alteration
23: The Child With a Hematologic Alteration
24: The Child with Cancer
25: The Child with Major Alterations in Tissue Integrity
26: The Child With a Musculoskeletal Alteration
27: The Child With an Endocrine or Metabolic Alteration
28: The Child with an Neurologic Alteration
29: Problems in Children and Families
30: The Child With a Developmental Disability
31: The Child with a Sensory Alteration