All form fields are required.
If you've forgotten your password, there's no need to register again.
Simply type your email address and we'll email the information to you.
Do you remember your password? Sign in above
By Joyce Newman Giger, EdD, RN, APRN, BC, FAAN
Feb 17, 2012 • ISBN: 9780323083799
Suggested retail price $68.95
Also available as a eBook
on VitalSource and Kno
Improve your students' approach to diverse client care needs with Giger and Davidhizar's unique transcultural model of clear, easy-to-apply assessment and intervention strategies for the clinical setting! This authoritative, easy-to-use assessment resource will help students identify the six key cultural phenomena used in caring for clients from different backgrounds (communication, space, social organization, time, environmental control, and biological variations), and show them how to apply these phenomena to individuals from different cultures to meet client expectations for the delivery of safe care.
- NEW! 2010 census data is incorporated through the book to provide students with the most current analysis of demographic trends.
- Expert author Joyce Newman Giger is a pioneer in the field of transcultural nursing.
- NEW! Completely revised cultural chapters reflect the shifting experiences of different cultural groups in our society.
- Unique! Giger & Davidhizar's Transcultural Assessment Model devotes a full chapter to each of the six aspects of cultural assessment (communication, space, social organization, time, environmental control, and biologic variations) to help students apply this model to any client of any culture.
- Case studies and critical thinking questions help students apply the assessment framework in practice.
- UNIQUE! Sample care plans demonstrate how to apply principles to specific client needs.
- UNIQUE! Discussion of the spiritual component provides a more holistic, integrated approach to culture and assessment.
- Clarification of biologic variations for select cultural groups raises students' awareness of potential risks/influences on client health.
- NEW! 6 additional cultural chapters on Nigerians, Uganda Americans, Jordanian Americans, Cuban Americans, Amish Americans, and Irish Americans
- Title:Transcultural Nursing - Pageburst E-Book on Kno (Retail Access Card)
ISBN: 9780323169462 Price:$68.95
- Title:Transcultural Nursing - Pageburst E-Book on Kno
ISBN: 9780323137010 Price:$68.95
- Title:Transcultural Nursing - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource
ISBN: 9780323100502 Price:$68.95
- Title:Transcultural Nursing - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource (Retail Access Card)
ISBN: 9780323096133 Price:$68.95
FRAMEWORK FOR CULTURAL ASSESSMENT
- Introduction to Transcultural Nursing
- Social Organization
- Environmental Control
- Biological Variations
- African Americans
- Mexican Americans
- American Eskimos: Th Yup'ik and Inupiat
- Japanese Americans
- Afghan Americans
- Russian Americans
- Chinese Americans
- Filipino Americans
- Vietnamese Americans
- East Indian Hindu Americans
- Haitian Americans
- Jewish Americans
- Korean Americans
- French Canadians of Quebec Origin
- Puerto Rican Americans
- Uganda Americans
- Jordanian Americans
- Cuban Americans
- Amish Americans
APPLICATION OF ASSESSMENT AND INTERVENTION TECHNIQUES TO SPECIFIC CULTURAL GROUPS