All form fields are required.
If you've forgotten your password, there's no need to register again.
Simply type your email address and we'll email the information to you.
Do you remember your password? Sign in above
By Anne Griffin Perry, RN, EdD, FAAN, Patricia A. Potter, RN, MSN, PhD, FAAN and Wendy Ostendorf, RN, MS, EdD, CNE
Feb 14, 2013 • ISBN: 9780323083836
Suggested retail price $107.00
Also available as a eBook
on VitalSource and Kno
Known for its clear, comprehensive coverage of over 200 evidence-based skills, Clinical Nursing Skills & Techniques is today’s leading nursing skills text. It features nearly 1,000 full-color photographs and drawings, a nursing process framework, step-by-step instructions with rationales, and a focus on critical thinking and evidence-based practice. This edition includes new coverage of patient-centered care and safety guidelines, an emphasis on QSEN core competencies, and links to valuable online resources. Written by the trusted author team of Anne Griffin Perry and Patricia A. Potter, and now joined by new author Wendy Ostendorf, this text helps your students learn to perform nursing skills with confidence.
- Coverage of QSEN core competencies also includes delegation and collaboration, guidelines for reporting and recording, and pediatric, geriatric, home care, and teaching considerations.
- Unique! Using Evidence in Nursing Practice chapter covers the entire process of conducting research, including collecting, evaluating, and applying evidence from published research.
- NEW Patient-Centered Care sections address issues unique to people of specific cultural, ethnic, and demographic backgrounds - a QSEN core competency.
- NEW Safety Guidelines sections cover the global recommendations on the safe execution of skill sets - also a QSEN core competency.
- Clinical Decision Points within skills address key safety issues or possible skill modifications for specific patient needs.
- Rationales for each skill step explain why steps are performed in a specific way, including their clinical significance and benefit, and incorporate the latest research findings.
- Comprehensive coverage includes 212 basic, intermediate, and advanced nursing skills.
- The five-step nursing process provides a framework for the description of skills within overall client care.
- NEW! Communicating with the Cognitively Impaired Patient skill provides the understanding and protocol for dealing with patients who are unable to communicate in a typical manner.
- NEW! Safe Transfer to a Wheel Chair procedural guideline focuses on the safety aspect of this common maneuver.
- NEW! Assessing the Genitalia and Rectum skill includes complete information and rationales.
- NEW! Caring for Patients with Multi-Drug Resistant Organisms (MDRO) and C. difficili skill covers this growing challenge to patient welfare and to healthcare providers.
- UPDATED Adverse Event Reporting (AER) procedural guideline covers the correct response to Serious Event Reporting within the healthcare facility.
- Unique! Unexpected outcomes and related interventions alert students to what might go wrong and how to appropriately intervene.
- Icons indicate video clips related to skills and procedures in the book and related lessons in Nursing Skills Online.
- Online checklists and video clips may be downloaded to mobile devices.
Educator Resources on Evolve
- TEACH for Nurses lesson plan
- ExamView test bank with 1,300 questions with complete rationales
- PowerPoint lecture slides
- Case studies
- Answer key to post-test and exam questions in Nursing Skills Online
- Answer key to review questions in Mosby's Nursing Video Skills
Student Resources on Evolve
- 50 new skills video clips
- 220 additional review questions with rationales
- Audio glossary
- Mobile downloads of video clips and checklists
- Title:Clinical Nursing Skills and Techniques - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource (Retail Access Card)
ISBN: 9780323100380 Price:$107.00
- Title:Clinical Nursing Skills and Techniques - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource
ISBN: 9780323100373 Price:$107.00
- Title:Clinical Nursing Skills and Techniques - Pageburst E-Book on Kno
ISBN: 9780323186872 Price:$107.00
- Title:Clinical Nursing Skills and Techniques - Pageburst E-Book on Kno (Retail Access Card)
ISBN: 9780323225373 Price:$107.00
- Title:Clinical Nursing Skills and Techniques - Text and Mosby's Nursing Video Skills - Student Version DVD 4e Package
ISBN: 9780323185714 Price:$167.00
- Title:Clinical Nursing Skills and Techniques - Text and Mosby's Nursing Video Skills: Student Online Version 4e (Access Card) Package
ISBN: 9780323185721 Price:$167.00
- Title:Clinical Nursing Skills and Techniques-Text and Checklist Package
ISBN: 9780323100397 Price:$123.56
- Title:Nursing Skills Online Version 3.0 for Clinical Nursing Skills and Techniques (User Guide, Access Code and Textbook Package)
ISBN: 9780323101035 Price:$149.95
1. Using Evidence in Practice
2. Admitting, Transfer, and Discharge
4. Documentation and Informatics
5. Vital Signs
6. Health Assessment
7. Medical Asepsis
8. Sterile Technique
9. Safe Patient Handling, Transfer and Positioning
10. Exercise and Ambulation
11. Orthopedic Measures
12. Support Surfaces and Special Beds
13. Safety and Quality Improvement
14. Disaster Preparedness
15. Pain Assessment and Basic Comfort Measures
16. Palliative Care
17. Personal Hygiene and Bed Making
18. Pressure Ulcer Care
19. Care of the Eye and Ear
20. Safe Medicine Preparation
21. Oral and Topical Medications
22. Parenteral Medications
23. Oxygen Therapy
24. Performing Chest Physiotherapy
25. Airway Management
26. Closed Chest Drainage Systems
27. Emergency Measures for Life Support
28. Intravenous and Vascular Access Therapy
29. Blood Transfusions
30. Oral Nutrition
31. Enteral Nutrition
32. Parenteral Nutrition
33. Urinary Elimination
34. Bowel Elimination and Gastric Intubation
35. Ostomy Care
36. Preoperative and Postoperative Care
37. Intraoperative Care
38. Wound Care and Irrigations
39. Dressings, Bandages, and Binders
40. Therapeutic Use of Heat and Cold
41. Home Care Safety
42. Home Care Teaching
43. Specimen Collection
44. Diagnostic Procedures