All form fields are required.
If you've forgotten your password, there's no need to register again.
Simply type your email address and we'll email the information to you.
Do you remember your password? Sign in above
By Sue E. Huether, RN, PhD and Kathryn L. McCance, RN, PhD
Jan 31, 2012 • ISBN: 9780323084918
Suggested retail price $76.95
Pathophysiology Online for Understanding Pathophysiology, 5th Edition is a collection of 16 online modules developed by learning experts to boost students' understanding of complex pathophysiology subjects such as immunology or the endocrine system. Designed to complement Huether's Understanding Pathophysiology, 5th Edition textbook, this unique online courses uses animations, interactive activities, case studies, online testing, open discussion boards, and various multimedia learning aids to make the process of mastering textbook material fun and engaging for students.
- NEW! Animations and algorithms cover cancer, diastolic dysfunction, hepatitis, autoimmune thyroid disease, and more.
- Comprehensive turnkey experience supplements textbook content and helps clarify the most complex and important concepts in pathophysiology.
- Pre-tests for every module allow students to evaluate their knowledge of normal structure and function and assess areas for further study.
- Module exams measure your students' progress after each completed module.
- Structured discussion topics encourage group learning and make it easy for you to put together the online component of this course.
- Outlines for each module provide a complete overview of content to help your students quickly and conveniently navigate through the course.
- Objectives highlight the most important material for each module.
- Further Explorations sections after every pre-test allow students to review content before moving ahead.
- Guided reading assignments from the Huether Understanding Pathophysiology textbook make learning and review more effective by focusing reading on the most vital content.
- Case studies develop students' critical thinking skills and help them apply what they've learned to real-world situations.
- Over 200 engaging activities and exercises challenge students to think critically about key aspects of pathophysiology while making learning entertaining.
- Over 775 high-quality images illustrate difficult concepts and key clinical presentations of disease processes for all body systems.
- Over 120 unique high-level animations helps students visualize various pathophysiologic processes.
- Immediate feedback for all activities ensures you learn the correct answers and identify areas for additional practice.
- Genetics and Genetic Diseases
- Altered Cellular and Tissue Biology
- Fluids and Electrolytes, Acids, and Bases
- Innate Defenses: Inflammation
- Adaptive Immunity
- Hypersensitivities, Infection, and Immune Deficiencies
- Biology of Cancer and Tumor Spread
- Part I: Biology of Cancer
- Part II: Cancer Epidemiology, Clinical Manifestations, and Treatment
- Alterations of Neurologic Function
- Alterations of Hormonal Regulation
- Alterations of Hematologic Function
- Alterations of Cardiovascular Function
- Part I
- Part II
- Alterations of Pulmonary Function
- Alterations of Renal and Urinary Tract Infection
- Alterations of Reproductive Systems
- Alterations of Digestive Function
- Alterations in Musculoskeletal Function