All form fields are required.
If you've forgotten your password, there's no need to register again.
Simply type your email address and we'll email the information to you.
Do you remember your password? Sign in above
By Geri LoBiondo-Wood, PhD, RN, FAAN and Judith Haber, PhD, APRN, BC, FAAN
Sep 27, 2013 • ISBN: 9780323100861
Suggested retail price $87.95
Also available as a eBook
on VitalSource and Kno
With an emphasis on how nursing research is appraised and applied, Nursing Research: Methods and Critical Appraisal for Evidence-Based Practice, 8th Edition offers students a comprehensive introduction to the nursing research concepts and methods essential to today’s evidence-based healthcare environment. Coverage includes clear guidelines for evaluating research and applying scientific evidence to practice, qualitative and quantitative research, appraising and critiquing research, critical thinking, and clinical decision making using research information.
- NEW! Streamlined steps of the research process focus on how to appraise and apply research findings for evidence-based practice.
- NEW! Theory chapter features an up-to-date exploration of the most important theories behind nursing research.
- NEW! Systematic Reviews and Clinical Practice Guidelines chapter addresses this important area of nursing research.
- NEW! Quality Improvement chapter discusses the trending topic of quality improvement as it relates to nursing research.
- NEW! Updated research articles, including a Cochrane Collection study, reflect the most current, high-quality studies, particularly those that are accessible and relevant to readers with minimal clinical experience.
- NEW! All-new Research Vignettes illustrate the dynamic nature of nursing research.
- Balanced coverage acquaints students with the processes behind research and evidence-based practice.
- Distinct coverage of qualitative and quantitative research approaches are presented in separate parts of the book to avoid the confusion that often results when the two are interwoven.
- Complete, high-quality research examples, including three sample critiques, demonstrate how to apply the principles outlined in the text to published quantitative and qualitative research studies.
- Research Vignettes introduce students to real-world practitioners of nursing research and help bridge the gaps among clinical research, academia, and clinical practice.
- All-star cast of contributors represents a widely respected team of experts in nursing research and evidence-based practice.
- Each chapter contains a variety of popular learning aids, including Key Terms, Learning Outcomes, Helpful Hints, Evidence-Based Practice Tips, Appraising the Evidence, Critiquing Criteria, Critique of a Research Study, Critical Thinking Decision Paths, Critical Thinking Challenges, and Key Points.
Educator Resources on Evolve
- TEACH for Nurses lesson plans
- ExamView test bank with 600 items
- 15-40 PowerPoint slides per chapter with integrated audience response system questions
- Image collection
Student Resources on Evolve
- 15 review questions per chapter
- Research article library
- Appraisal exercises
- Audio glossary
- Title:Nursing Research - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource (Retail Access Card)
ISBN: 9780323095983 Price:$87.95
- Title:Nursing Research - Pageburst E-Book on Kno (Retail Access Card)
ISBN: 9780323225519 Price:$87.95
- Title:Nursing Research - Pageburst E-Book on Kno
ISBN: 9780323186957 Price:$87.95
- Title:Nursing Research - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource
ISBN: 9780323100922 Price:$87.95
- Title:Study Guide for Nursing Research: Methods and Critical Appraisal for Evidence-Based Practice - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource
ISBN: 9780323100939 Price:$22.07
- Title:Nursing Research - Text and Study Guide Package
ISBN: 9780323226448 Price:$110.95
PART I. OVERVIEW OF RESEARCH AND EVIDENCE-BASED PRACTICE
Improving Supportive Care for Cancer Patients and Their Families
PART II. PROCESSES AND EVIDENCE RELATED TO QUALITATIVE RESEARCH
Research Vignette:Program of Research on Substance Use Disorders
PART III. PROCESSES AND EVIDENCE RELATED TO QUANTITATIVE RESEARCH
Research Vignette:From Pressure Ulcer Prediction to Preventive Interventions
PART IV. APPLICATION OF RESEARCH: EVIDENCE-BASED PRACTICE
Research Vignette:Incorporating Information and Communication Technology Tools for HIV into Practice