All form fields are required.
If you've forgotten your password, there's no need to register again.
Simply type your email address and we'll email the information to you.
Do you remember your password? Sign in above
By Barbara Herlihy, PhD(Physiology), RN
Sep 22, 2010 • ISBN: 9781416068426
Suggested retail price $63.95
Also available as a eBook
on VitalSource and Kno
Using colorful cartoons, illustrations, and an easy-to-read approach, this textbook makes it fun to learn anatomy & physiology. It's ideal for students who have a limited background in the sciences, because clear, step-by-step explanations provide all the information they need to know. The book breaks down complex concepts and processes into digestible chunks, and new features such as Re-Think and Go Figure! help students apply their knowledge to common problems in patient care.
- Unique! Original, colorful cartoons use humor to reinforce content, making it more accessible and user-friendly.
- Original, full-color illustrations complement the text and simplify both fundamental and complex concepts.
- Key terms are listed in chapter openers and defined in the glossary.
- A summary outline at the end of each chapter provides a useful study tool.
- Review Your Knowledge questions at the end of each chapter include multiple-choice and matching questions, with answers in the appendix.
- Unique! A separate chapter on microbiology covers pathogens and resulting disorders, micro-organisms, and the spread of infection.
- Unique! Do You Know boxes discuss pathophysiology issues or provide a historical connection to A&P.
- Unique! Disorders of the _____ System tables summarize specific disorders related to individual body systems for easy reference.
- Sum It Up! reinforces and summarizes key topics.
- As You Age boxes describe how aging affects human anatomy and physiology.
- An updated Evolve companion website provides access to posttests, animations, an audio glossary, and additional Do You Know vignettes.
- Re-Think sections ask students to review concepts and apply what they've learned.
- Unique! Ramp It Up! boxes offer challenging mini-lessons that connect material in the text to the clinical setting and your students' future careers.
- Unique! Build-a-Word boxes help students learn and build upon new medical terminology.
- Unique! Go Figure! features ask students to reexamine diagrams, reinforcing the key points of each one.
- Unique! Bridges to Nursing Assessment Labs on the companion Evolve website bridge the gap between A&P theory and clinical application.
- TEACH Educator Resource Manual
- Test bank
- Image collection
- Teaching tips
- Online tutoring
- Additional Do You Know?... vignettes
- Remediation Module
Educator Resources on Evolve
Student Resources on Evolve
- Title:The Human Body in Health and Illness - Pageburst E-Book on Kno
ISBN: 9781455754427 Price:$41.57
- Title:The Human Body in Health and Illness - Pageburst E-Book on KNO (Retail Access Card)
ISBN: 9781455758791 Price:$41.57
- Title:The Human Body in Health and Illness - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource (Retail Access Card)
ISBN: 9781455736386 Price:$41.57
- Title:The Human Body in Health and Illness - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource
ISBN: 9781455705863 Price:$41.57
- Title:Anatomy & Physiology Online for The Human Body in Health and Illness (User Guide, Access Code, and Textbook Package)
ISBN: 9781437735857 Price:$93.95
1. Introduction to the Human Body
2. Basic Chemistry
4. Cell Metabolism
5. Microbiology Basics
6. Tissues and Membranes
7. Integumentary System and Body temperature
8. Skeletal System
9. Muscular System
10. Nervous System: Nervous Tissue and Brain
11. Nervous System: Spinal Cord and Peripheral Nerves
12. Autonomic Nervous System
13. Sensory System
14. Endocrine System
16. Anatomy of the Heart
17. Function of the Heart
18. Anatomy of the Blood Vessels
19. Functions of the Blood Vessels
20. Lymphatic System
21. Immune System
22. Respiratory System
23. Digestive System
24. Urinary System
25. Water, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Balance
26. Reproductive Systems
27. Human Development and Heredity
Appendix A: Answers to Review Your Knowledge questions